Concurrency checking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concurrency checking

In testing your online demo site I noticed that there is no concurrency checking. Two users can for example edit the same Contact and overwrite each other's changes.

The best might be to use a RowVersion column to control this...

Is "concurrency checking" for all entities on your roadmap and if so what is the ETA?

Thanks in advance

We have not this in our plans. Since PATCH requests are sent with only fields that user has changed on the form it's not a big issue.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Whilst I can understand that PATCH requests are good for minimizing data sent to the server, I don't think it really mitigates the concurrency issue, even if it minimizes it.

It is for example very easy for two users to overwrite the Contact Description field even though PATCH requests are used for updating that field and the users will not know this until one of the users discover their changes were overwritten.

To take EspoCRM to the next level - and perhaps play in the enterprise space - it would be nice to add concurrency checking. Perhaps something for the future...

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X