Customer Portal Roles Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Portal Roles Issue

Hello All. I'm almost done with the customer portal configuration for our customers however Im having an issue. We have a entity called "Payments" & "Payment Methods" and I can't get any of them to display in the customer portal unless I select "All" in the Read Dropdown. Please confirm I have this setup correct to display in the portal.

Helo dodom2

To get benefit from the account / contact access role you must link both Payment & PaymentMethod with account and contact

Espocrm will automatically filter the result by the account or contact of the current user

CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
    Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

We dont use the contact entity. In fact its disabled. Do we have to use the contact entity too or can we use just the account

Comment

No no, just linking with account in enough if so

Comment

Hi there,

For the 'Contact' access level: Your portal user should be assigned to a contact that is assigned to your target entity (Administration -> Portal Users -> Your user -> Contact).
          For the 'Account' access level: Your portal user should be assigned to an account that is assigned to your target entity (Administration -> Portal Users -> Your user -> Accounts).

As Eyman mentioned above, there is nothing critical if you don't use Contact and just want to get an Account access level.

Comment

Alright so Im not sure what Im doing wrong here

Here is the test record Im trying to give the customer access to in the customer portal

As you can see in this record the Customer field is filled in.

Now below is a screenshot of the configuration for the portal user. As you can see here the same account is selected as in the above record.

Then in the portal roles you can see that I have account selected. This to me means that any records assigned to the account will be visible to the customer in the portal.

Can anyone see what the misconfiguraiton is?

Comment

the link between payment and account must be named "account" not customer

You can change the label to customer but not the name of link

Comment

Thanks Eymen . Thats our resolution sir. Appreciate your help as always

Comment

Is there a way of setting the account field automatically when the customer is creating a record in the customer portal? For example on the case I wouldnt want the customer selecting from a list of customers so how can we setup to fill this field automatically?

Comment

• eymen-elkum
                    eymen-elkum commented
                    Editing a comment
                    as I know, your portal client must be already linked to his own account, then the account of created entity must automatically link to the same account.
                    please test and update me, I have not tested this yet.
                Working...
                X