Cases: Set the status to "New" when replying to an email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cases: Set the status to "New" when replying to an email

Hi, I have a question about the module "Cases".

If I write an email from a case, this email will receive a case number in the subject line. If a person answers to this case number, the incoming email is assigned to the case.

So far so good...

My problem is that I do not see when an email response arrives.

Other ticket systems usually work like this:
    When an email response to an existing ticket arrives, the status of the ticket is set to "New."

How does EspoCRM work?

Many Thanks.

(A simple notification in the menu bar is not enough for me, I would like to be able to see in the list of cases that there is an email response)

any solution for that?

Comment

Hello,
      If you want to reopen a case after an email reply to an existing ticket arrived, you can create a new workflow to force reopen. Please follow these steps:
      1. Create a new workflow for the Email entity;
      2. Triger type: after record created
      3. Condition: if 'To EmailAddresses' has value 'email address of your Group Email Account that created this a case';
      4. Action: Update related record -> Parent -> Case -> Status -> your status.
      Note that this way will work only if an email will be in the same topic. A new email will create a new case.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        Hello,
        If you want to reopen a case after an email reply to an existing ticket arrived, you can create a new workflow to force reopen. Please follow these steps:
        1. Create a new workflow for the Email entity;
        2. Triger type: after record created
        3. Condition: if 'To EmailAddresses' has value 'email address of your Group Email Account that created this a case';
        4. Action: Update related record -> Parent -> Case -> Status -> your status.
        Note that this way will work only if an email will be in the same topic. A new email will create a new case.
        Yes, it's works only if you have a "workflow" module. What to do for others? My suggestion is to add it to "standard" features.

Comment

You can customize InboundEmail service class. This place https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...Email.php#L487

Add the following:
          PHP Code:

if ($case->get('status') === 'Closed') {

$case->set('status''Assigned');

$this->getEntityManager()->saveEntity($case);
              } 

I recommend extending the class in custom directory.

Comment

• Bashar
            Bashar commented
            Editing a comment
            @yuri,
            i have added this code, but the status of the ticket didn't set to "New" when someone response to an existing ticket.
            i don't have workflow.

yuri

#5.1

Can you please help me?

Comment

Working...
          X