Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reopen Case after Import E-Mail

greetings,

is there any way to set the status from a case to e.g. open, after there was an email imported to this case?

Hi

Only manually by customizing application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Services/InboundEmail.php

Comment

Is there already another solution or how would the customization look in InboundEmail.php?

Comment

I think it's possible to implement via workflow or by customzing:

Add to

https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...Email.php#L432

PHP Code:

$case
        ->set('status''Some Status');
        $this->getEntityManager()->saveEntity($case); 
        If we implemented this bahaviour I think about 80 percents of cases would be reopened because of "thank you" email. I've investigated this question when implemented case management long ago.
        Last edited by yuri; 01-07-2018, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I have now inserted the PHP lines, but unfortunately the status still remains "closed" or archived. What am I doing wrong or what should I do?

For us, 95% of new requests are actually new cases, where the customer just responds to an old email. Unfortunately, we would thereby massively lose customer requests. What option is there here?

Comment

Please try to add that code after this line: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...Email.php#L418
            I've mistaken.

Comment

Thank you - now it works.
              Maybe you could put it in the back end as an option, that if jmd responds to a ticket it will open again - as an idea for the next update

Comment

It WORKED! Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hey There,

sorry for reviving this thread. But have there been any changes affecting this solution?
                  Because it won't work for me. Has the Line in the Document changed or is there a better Option to open up the cases again meanwhile?
                  Running Espo with the Advanced Pack installed but inserting the code after the highlighted Line didn't have any effcts on the Cases.
                  Last edited by Scarecrow; 10-01-2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

it's very actual feature for all who use crm for support. sometimes customers replay to previous ticket after a while and if it's not open again we miss a lot of cases.

Comment

I solved it by using a Workflow that triggers after creating the record.
                      Used Entity is the email.

Action is to change value of a connected entity (case).
                      Here you can change the value of the status to any status you like.

Comment

• partomas
                        partomas commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We solved it in that way too, but it's would be better to have it as standard feature.
                    Working...
                    X