Global search does not search everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global search does not search everything

Entering search terms in the search box in the header searches only Accounts, Contacts, Leads and Opportunities. It does not search Calendar, Meetings, Calls, Tasks, Cases, Emails, etc.

It's configurable.

data/config.php
    globalSearchEntityList

Comment

Hi Yuri,

and how would this be done? My global search actually works with names search only, no account search etc. possible.

The config shows 'globalSearchEntityList' =>
      array (
      0 => 'Account',
      1 => 'Contact',
      2 => 'Lead',
      3 => 'Opportunity',
      ),
      Thanks for your idea.

Comment

array (
        0 => 'Account',
        1 => 'Contact',
        2 => 'Lead',
        3 => 'Opportunity',
        4 => 'Meeting',
        5 => 'Call'
        )

In the next release it will be possible to do via UI.

Comment

Hi Yuri,

despite a correct config like above the global search does only work with first and last names. Putting in an account name does not show a result ("no data"), unless a lead is converted into an account. Is it possible that the global search also shows account names "when they are still stored as a lead"?

Comment

Hi

I've just tested global search by lead's account name and got correct result

Comment

If I test the global search in the livedemo with "mona", it brings up the entry in the account section (Mona Mary), but not in the opportunities section where Mona (Mary) is stored as well. Do you see any relationship to my problem?

Comment

application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Lead.json

There is textFilterFields parameter that defines which field to search in.

Maybe you need to define the same for opportunity?

Comment

I hope the Global Search can really search using email address and website url from accounts, opportunity, leads and contacts and others (cases, calls and etc)

Comment

It's turned off by default. But you can enable it for a specific entity. See how it's made for Leads:
                    application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Lead.json
                    'textFilterFields' parameter.

Comment

How? Can you provide step by step instruction?

Comment

Can I add to global search my own fields?

Comment

You need to make a customization.

Comment

Regarding the search for "other fields" in all lists. A user expects that a field that he sees can also be searched. So I have a telephone field in my contacts list and expect that I can type %06190 and get all accounts with that number. That does not work. It does via the add field option, but that is not the most logical way to proceed. A user expects to be able to search for the IMPORTANT fields directly...

What I did based on the info above is change the contact.json and add the telephone nr...

"collection": {
                            "sortBy": "name",
                            "asc": true,
                            "textFilterFields": ["name", "emailAddress", "phoneNumber"]

This does not work as expected. I hoped that the phonenumber would now also work...?

help

Comment

I jsut tested anfd it works.

1. Clear cache
                              2. Use wildcard % if needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X