X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BPM: Loops without using script

Hi

I got a feature request for the Advanced Pack:

Could you please add the ability to create loops (like while or foreach) in BPMs using the visual designer, without the need to use a script?
    That would make it much easier for users to create processes involving loops and the flowchart is much clearer to view.

I'm looking forward for your reply.

Luca

Hi Luca,

Could you provide more details how you see this feature to be implemented. I'm not sure I understand.

Comment

Hi Yuri

Yes of course. I got a usecase as an example:

I have a script (in my case placed in a BPM-flowchart) where I want to create a call for every contact in this call. I can access the 'Opportunity.contactsIds' attribut of a opportunity, but I can't loop trough it to do some action for each contactId in the array.

So there schould be a new drag/drop-object which could be like a sub-process, which takes an input variable, in my case the 'Opportunity.contactsIds' and now I can place for example tasks inside the loop-object and for every item of the passed array (''Opportunity.contactsIds'), all added objects like tasks, user taks, etc. in the loop-object should be executed.

It could look something like this:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	083f87h3v5t3.PNG
Views:	627
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	66145

Hopefully you'll get what I mean. :-)

Kind regards
      Luca Kühne
      Attached Files

Comment

It's planned to develop the ability to pass multiple related records as a targets into sub-process.

Comment

And then you could do some action for each record in the sub process?

Comment

Yes. The sub-process will be executed multiple times for every related record.
            Last edited by yuri; 01-13-2021, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Sounds amazing :-) Is there an ETA or a release in which you plan to release this feature?

Comment

No ETA. I hope it tackle it in 1-2 months.

Comment

Okay thank you Yuri. At least I got a gut feeling for an ETA now.

Comment

Hi Yuri
                    Is there an update on this enhancement? :-)

Comment

Hi Luca,

You must have seen that I was (and still am) very busy with v7.0. After that I want to rest.

Comment

Yes of couse, but I still wanted to check if there was an update after about 3/4 of a year :-) There may have been some updates before the 7.0-work.

Comment

Hi yuri

Any updates on this feature? Also, is there already an issue in the GitHub repo for this?

Comment

Will be implemented soon.

1. A collection of items defined by a formula expression. Each item of the collection instantiates a separate instance of the sub-process.
                            2. It will be also possible to pass a specific target record to the sub-process, where the ID is defined by a formula expression.

By combining these two abilities it will be possible to have multiple sub-processes for different targets. By using formula functions (record\findRelatedMany) it's possible to have sub-processes for related records.

Advanced Pack is not available on GitHub as it's not open source.

Comment

The new v2.10.0 release has multi-instance sub-processes. See in the docs: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ce-sub-process

Comment

• rabii
                                rabii commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hi Yuri
                                any chance that this could be explained using an example, i still couldn't figure out how to use the new multi-instance processes. Any flowchart that can explain this will be a plus and will be much appreciated.
                                Of course if possible i know how busy you are.
                                Many thanks

• yuri
                                yuri commented
                                Editing a comment
                                The flowchart will be the same as the regular sub-process. The only difference is that multi-instance has ||| icon displayed.

The logic is very simple. You write formula expression that evaluates to an array. Each element of the array will instantiate a separate sub-process instance.

The most useful case is to have an expression that evaluates to an array of record IDs. Then it's possible to have multiple sub-process instances for different targets.

Please read the documentation thoughtfully. Also read the tooltips on the sub-process form. The logic is very simple. It took me a lot of time to design and implement this feature. The documentation covers this feature fully.
                                Last edited by yuri; 05-09-2022, 01:43 PM.
                            Working...
                            X