Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHP CLI Command for changed files check ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP CLI Command for changed files check ?

I would like to suggest an useful feature for developers. Sometimes not everything can be customized in the /custom folder. So I suggest to add a CLI command to list all the customized files outside of /custom folder so that they can be backupped and merged with their updated versions.

For example running php command.php list_changes would download the setup file for current version and list all files that are not identical to their zipped counterpart.

Maybe this could be made part of the update process and halt it if customizations would be overwritten.

I think that we don't need it. You can add some specific comment to all your modifications and use grep.

Comment

• tothewine
      tothewine commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that is how I actually do but sometimes one could forget to 'sign' the edits...

By the way, I was not able to add new commands in /custom is it customizable? If not, it needs to be.

Comment

• yuri
      yuri commented
      Editing a comment
      Look into application/Espo/Core/Console/. There is a way.

• tothewine
      tothewine commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I found it. But, isn't adding files to /custom and then adding commands also to metadata totally redundant?
      This and many other customization could be inferred from file system (and inheritance) and cached during rebuild.
Working...
X