Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to mark an shared email as read and processed for all users

Hey

As far as I know there is no way to sync IMAP folders in EspoCRM. Correct me if I'm wrong?

The problem is that all users who have access to shared mail do not know if a shared email has been processed.
    A user has the option to remove an email, but some emails in the shared email must be stored in an archive (ei. another ESPO email folder).
    The problem is that the other users in the shared email cannot see that emails has been processed if it has just been moved to another Espo email-folder. The other user can not see that the email has been moved.
    It seems to me that ESPO emailfolders are personal and not global.

Are there any suggestions on how this could be done more smoothly?

Greetings from a happy EspoCRM user :-)

Hello,
    > It seems to me that ESPO email folders are personal and not global.
    Yes, all folders that created by users are personal. The default folders are global only. To change it you have to change a code.

Comment

Hello,
      Can you guide me in a direction if i want to make folders globals?

Comment

I am also facing the same problem ( now in 2021 ) . The default inbox folder is not shared - it behaves as it would be a personal folder. Having a group email is because you don't want personal folders.
        So I wonder what is the idea behind this behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by dafnie View Post
          Hello,
          Can you guide me in a direction if i want to make folders globals?
          Unfortunately I don't know. Try to mention some developers within this branch to involve to your case.

Comment

yuri any ideas of how making it transparent to other group mail users that a mail has already been processed by another co-worker. Right now you can even put the mail in the waste basket but the mail stays in the inbox of all other group members.
            Thank you!

Comment

For version 6.1.9 you can override methods from \Espo\Services\Email (create custom service class in Custom namespace) and for an example in the method markAsRead remove userId from where condition. After that when someone open or mark an e-mail as read then the e-mail will be mark as read for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by equinox View Post
                For version 6.1.9 you can override methods from \Espo\Services\Email (create custom service class in Custom namespace) and for an example in the method markAsRead remove userId from where condition. After that when someone open or mark an e-mail as read then the e-mail will be mark as read for everyone.
                equinox What would you do in order to have email folders, and what folder every email is in, shared across all users?

What some of us really need to know is if an email has been processed or not. The read status isn't really helpful for that (you can easily open an email but forget to process it - or want a co-worker to do it after reading the email and seeing the contents).

Moving to an email to another folder would be one way to mark emails as processed. This is what I was intending to do, until discovered folders and emails in those folders are NOT the same for every user. It seems so strange this is how it operates.

Anyway, is there a way to do this with EspoCRM and overriding files?

EDIT: I am guess it's not as simple as removing the userId for folders. Since the folderId belongs to a specific user. https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...Email.php#L790

Comment

Working...
                X