Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Name entity

Hello,
    Can I ask you for advice how to edit entity Contact -> "name" which is used in Contacts and by default is consisting of three fields Salutation + FirstName + Lastname?
    I have created two custom varchar fields Title1 and Title2 and I want to edit Name to be consting from Title1 + FirstName + Lastname + Title2.
    I tried to do this through both through Entitity Manager and Layout Manager but I haven't found way where to change that.

Thanks ahead.
    Petr

You have to create a custom view for field (write a code) to achieve this. More details you can find in files client/src/views/fields/person-name.js and client/res/templates/fields/person-name/.
    Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Thank you tarasm

Comment

Hi, I wanted to generate „name“ with formalTitleName, salutationName, FirstName, MiddleName and LastName. In Detail view this fields should be shown as one name field (like salutationName, firstName and lastName do in the original version). I modified PersonName.json, person-name.js, edit.tpl and detail.tpl and stored them in a custom folder. Now I have a new type person-name when I want to generate new fields. When I create a new field from type person-name, you have in detail view only salutationName, FirstName and LastName with no entries. The other two fields are not shown. You can also not choose any entries in salutationName which is enum. Has anybody a solution for this? Thanks and regards Michael

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1F052DC3-65B8-4A92-8D4B-E72CDCE9D441.jpeg
Views:	442
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	45378 It looks like that. Original name field is connected with the fields, new person name not (see also no options).

Comment

@tarasm: when I create a new view, do I have to do this wirh a new name? In this case for example full-person-name.js? Or can i create a custom view with the regular name person-name.js?

Comment

Hi, the view with additional fields works now for person name.

Comment

MicKress: would you mind to share your results?

Comment

Working...
                X