Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Espo 7.3.1 Outgoing E-Mail: general SMTP Name is taken instead of O365 outgoing name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espo 7.3.1 Outgoing E-Mail: general SMTP Name is taken instead of O365 outgoing name

Espo 7.3.1 Outgoing E-Mail general SMTP Name is taken always instead of O365 outgoing name:

1) Admin-Setting Example for outgoing E-Mail: no-reply@domain.com (Name: "Mailer Example Company")

2) Setting in User via O365 Name: Username, E-Mail: usermail@domain.com

Sending an E-Mail from User-Account via O365 shows the following for an external recipient:

If you empty in Admin-Setting the "From" Name (in this case "Mailer Example Company") (The E-Mail noreply@domain.com is left as is)
    it uses on external recipient From "usermail@domain.com".

The behavior with EspoCRM 7.2.4 was From " Username <usermail@domain.com>". We use that every day for many E-Mails.

For sending the Useraccount from O365 is used, not the no-reply@domain.com (That is an account at a different provider)

It's not clear whether your user has their personal email account or they uses a shared.

Comment

• yuri
      yuri commented
      Editing a comment
      I could reproduce.

• macistda
      macistda commented
      Editing a comment
      Personal O365 account is used, but you got it already

Here's the fix: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...d2ef8ea3408e1b

Comment

• rabii
      rabii commented
      Editing a comment
      i have tried to apply the fix but i get error permission denied to change the file. checked file permission is 0644 do i need to change the file permission make changes and change permission to 0644 again.

Update: Sorry my bad i was accessing server with a limited user permissions.
      Last edited by rabii; 01-16-2023, 03:24 PM.

• macistda
      macistda commented
      Editing a comment
      rabii We have 0644 User www-data (=Apache) and could change the file correctly.
      That is not a question of Espo, more a question of your operating system.

Thank you Yuri, I can verify the fix is working, my colleague made the changes and the tests were successful.

Comment

Working...
    X