Encrypted password for smtp authentication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encrypted password for smtp authentication

We use a smtp server that requires an encrypted password as authentication method.
    In details, our smtp configuration is:
    connection security: startssl
    Authentication method: encrypted password
    Port: 587

With this configuration on espocrm outgoing smpt email we get the error "Authentication failed". I guess that the problem is the password that has not been encrypted. How can I set this feature?

Thank you.

Nicola.

I have checked the code after that I did some test with the zend framework. I have seen that to configure an authentication with encrypted password it is necessary set the parameter 'connection_class' to crammd5. This parameter is not configurable in espocrm and it is hard coded in application/Espo/Core/Mail/Sender.php and it is set to 'login'. Therefore, I have changed the line 99 and 138:
    from
    PHP Code:
    $opts['connection_class'] = 'login'
    to
    PHP Code:
    $opts['connection_class'] = 'crammd5'
    and everything worked.

However, a configuration of the parameter in interface or, at least, in config.php should be done.
    Last edited by nicola883; 03-13-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Will be done for default system smtp. Not sure what to do with users smtps. They can use different auth mechanism. I checked multiple web applications and didn't find that one has an ability to specify auth mechanism via UI. Is this used very rarely.

Thanks.
      Last edited by yuri; 12-18-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X