Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error 404 not found - this comes up whey trying to upload files or upgrade ECPO CRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 404 not found - this comes up whey trying to upload files or upgrade ECPO CRM

Hello,

i'm using ESPO CRM over a year from now, was happy with it so far but today I met an issue. I would like to ask your help!

The problem is that when I try to upload a document I receive this error message: 404 - not found.

What is strange that I still manage to upload files, but only smaller ones, around less then 500kb. Upload filezise is set to 128M is php.ini.

I was still on version 4.04 so I decided to try to update the crm. But I got stuck at 4.06: I am unable to upload the update package to 4.1 beacuse of the above mentioned error. 404 not found.

Where can be the problem? Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Levente

Hello Levente,

Check espocrm log, please (data/logs) and if data/uploads is writable and readable.

Comment

Hello Tanya!

thanks for replying this quick!

The permissions are set to be 775 on the data/upload folders.

This is what the log says:
      [2017-10-01 19:07:28] Espo.ERROR: Json::decode():Syntax error, malformed JSON [] []
      [2017-10-01 19:07:28] Espo.EMERGENCY: Syntax error in application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/KnowledgeBaseArticle.json [] []
      [2017-10-01 19:07:32] Espo.ERROR: Json::decode():Syntax error, malformed JSON [] []
      [2017-10-01 19:07:32] Espo.EMERGENCY: Syntax error in application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/KnowledgeBaseArticle.json [] []

Regards,
      Levente

Comment

Did you change this file manually? Open this file and fix it (you could use https://jsonlint.com/)
        After that rebuild EspoCRM and check log again

But this file doesn't affect the upload of other files...

Comment

Yes that is what I thought too that it has nothing to do with the uploads. I did not touch anything but the css to change the colors.
          Anyway, I've tested the json file with the link you provided, it is valid. I've rebuilt the crm, no new entries in the log.

The upload error still exists. Again, I am able to upload small fies but around 500kb and up I get this 404 not found error. It worked before, now it does not. Weird.

Comment

Check these parameters in php.ini
            memory_limit upload_max_filesize post_max_size
            If the upload_max_filesize is larger than post_max_size, you must increase post_max_size so that it is bigger than upload_max_size.
            If the value of post_max_size is larger than memory_limit, you must increase memory_limit so that it is larger than post_max_size.

You can also try to upgrade CRM in CLI
            php upgrade.php EspoCRM-upgrade-{VERSIONS}.zip

Comment

Hello Tanya,

I did as you said, there were some elements of the php.ini that needed a change. The 404 not found issue is still there.
              I also did a fresh install of the latest version to a different folder but that also shows the same 404 error when uploading files larger than 5-600kb.

So I presume this is more likely the hosting provider's fault I will have to ask them.

Thank you for your efforts in helping!

Regards,
              Levente

Comment

Hello Tanya,

it turned out that there was a conflict with ModSecurity, which reported false-positive blocks in this case, preventing file upload.
                I do not know if you can check this somehow or test it, but it is worth a try, maybe otherr users will face this kind of issues.

Thanks again,
                Levente

Comment

Working...
                X