Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to send email after move to new server

Hi guys,

I have been looking in to this but so far unable to find a solution so I'm hoping someone else out there has some ideas.

I have just moved my Espo installation to a new Ubuntu server running on the Google Cloud Compute Engine, all is up and running but I am unable to send email if I type one directly but the email test functions all work after having changed the email config, I'm even getting system sent email from Espo like task reminders I just can't send emails that I type. The error I get when trying to send a typed email is '500: Connection timed out' and after searching for this I found one suggestion on this forum (http://forum.espocrm.com/forum/bug-r...-sending-email) that my server may not be configured to allow open socket for fsockopen() but I have checked this and my php.ini does have allow_url_fopen = On which as far as I can tell is how this is allowed.

If anyone has any ideas what may be causing this then it would be very much appreciated.

Gareth

After spending many hours on this I have tracked down the problem, and its one of those stupid ones... I have a personal email account setup where Espo downloads my mail from and within that account I have the SMTP details setup for outgoing mail. When I moved servers I also had to change the mail service that my outgoing mail goes through so I updated that in my personal email config. But after tracing outgoing connections that Espo was trying to make when trying to send a case email I noticed that it was still trying to use the old outgoing mail provider even though I had entered the details of the new one in the personal email account. It's only now that I remembered that there is a separate SMTP config in the Espo user account preferences and because I had forgotten that it was there I hadn't changed that with the new SMTP details. Once I changed that then it is now able to send email again!

So because my personal email account is the same email address that my Espo user uses I now realise that I don't need any SMTP settings in the personal email account config as its just used to download email, and that the outgoing SMTp config in the user prefs override it. Well I have learnt something here about how Espo works so thats a good thing...

Comment

Thank for the post. I just had the exact same issue. :-)

Comment

Glad it helped someone.. :-)

Comment

Working...
        X