Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with SMTP connection by TLS

Hello,

I have e fresh installed EspoCRM (4.4.1) running under Debian with Apache 2.4 and PHP 7.0 (exact Version 7.0.16). I try to configure the Email account for outgoing Emails by using our Windows Exchange Server 2010 via SMTP. In a first step I've got always the error "Could not open socket, Code: 500 URL: /api/v1/Email/action/sendTestEmail [] []"
    After some investigation I could fix this error by inserting the Statement 'openssl.cafile' in the php.ini. But now I get another error. That's the snippet from the log:
    ------------------
    [2017-02-27 14:02:27] Espo.WARNING: E_WARNING: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed {"code":2,"message":"stream_socket_enable_crypto() : SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:\nerror:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed","file":"/var/www/crm/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Protocol/Smtp.php","line":178,"context":{"host":"admin"}} []
    [2017-02-27 14:02:27] Espo.ERROR: API [POST]:/:controller/action/:action, Params:Array ( [controller] => Email [action] => sendTestEmail ) , InputData: {"server":"XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX","port":587,"auth":true ,"security":"TLS","username":"XYZUser","password": "*****","fromName":"","fromAddress":"XYZ@XXX.de"," type":"outboundEmail","emailAddress":"ABC@DEF.de"} - Unable to connect via TLS [] []
    [2017-02-27 14:02:27] Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Unable to connect via TLS, Code: 500 URL: /api/v1/Email/action/sendTestEmail [] []
    ------------------
    It seems, that the System is using the host "admin" instead of the real name/IP adress. And I have no idea where I can fix it.

Can anyone help me?

Hi!

This error is associated with a self-signed certificate on the server.

2 solutions:
    1. Use the correct certificate on the server (Let's Encrypt or other)
    2. Make changes to the certificate validation when connecting via SSL.

Code:
    vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Protocol/AbstractProtocol.php
    change function _connect.
    replace
    PHP Code:
    // open connection

$this->socket = @stream_socket_client($remote$errorNum$errorStrself::TIMEOUT_CONNECTION); 
    with
    PHP Code:
    $contextOptions = array(

'ssl' => array(

'verify_peer' => false,

'verify_peer_name' => false

)
            );

$context stream_context_create($contextOptions);

// open connection

$this->socket = @stream_socket_client($remote$errorNum$errorStrself::TIMEOUT_CONNECTIONSTREAM_CLIENT_CONNECT$context); 

Comment

This solution worked fine until the last update (5.9.0). Is there a new solution for this problem?

Many thanks

Comment

zendframework was renamed to laminas. You need to make the same changed in vendor/laminas.

Comment

I already tried this, emptied the cache, restarted the webserver and reloaded the page. But still the same error ...

Comment

Is your error exactly like the first post? If not perhaps trying copy/paste it and someone might be able to provide insight.

Considering you have (full?) access to your Server, why not use Let's Encrypt SSL?

Comment

Hi,
              the error points to an invalid certificate (self-signed). The exact errormessage is: Fehler 500: Could not open socket: stream_socket_client(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:, error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificat e verify failed

The reason was my self-signed certificate, which normally doesn't cause trouble after I added the lines from the second post.

My solution is now: I installed a Let's Encrypt certificate and this fixed my problem (at least for the next 90 days).

Comment

Originally posted by boris View Post
                My solution is now: I installed a Let's Encrypt certificate and this fixed my problem (at least for the next 90 days).
                Glad to hear you found a solutions. My host only give 1 SSL, if I want more I have to manually do it with Let's Encrypt. Fortunately there is a system where you can make this automated, perhaps look into that. My host won't let me but sound like you have free reign in your server:

Please refer to here:

Comment

Working...
                X