Problem with calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with calendar

I have some wierd problem with calendar. In all views, except Timeline, all task are without time and are shown on top of day.
    Calls and meetings are shown correctly.
    In timeline view everything is OK.

Do I have some kind of configuration problem?
    Last edited by cavefish; 11-10-2016, 12:24 PM.

I think the configuration is just as it should be. I have the same view in my ESPOcrm.
    Enteties in the top of days are allday enteties.
    Confirm your installation is ok by checking the demoESPO installation below

Comment

I understand this allday entity conception, but why are all task entities considere to be allday entities?
      As the timeline view shows, all tasks have specified start and due date/time.

Comment

Well I am just a regular user, but i think that tasks it considered not time critical and the calendar could be cluttered if the all tasks would be displayed in the timeslot.
        Anyway with time added to task it is possible to sort the task-view after time. Maybe that is the reason.

Comment

Thank you for your help. I'll try to dig deeper into it as for my usage tasks would be most important.
          I looked at Entity manager and there are separate start and end date fields. One with time and other without time for allday entity. But right now it seems that you can't select which to use and default usage of date field with time also acts as allday entity.
          Last edited by cavefish; 11-14-2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Tasks are NOT considered calendar entries because they usually have a date but no real time reference. Typical situation: 'Until when can you get me this report?' - 'Wednesday'... So the reminder function on top is sort of ok (you can switch it off).
            But I agree - the display in the timeline is odd and shouldn't be there.
            If you want a task displayed as calendar entry you still can create an meeting of type task: Wednesday, 15:00 report delivery. Or as reserved time: create report - Tuesday 15 - 17
            ------------------
            Robert Laussegger
            iscon group
            http://www.iscongroup.net
            mailto://info@iscongroup.net

Comment

Thank you, I'll look into alternative usage of other entity types, or creating new entity myself. I think Importance of specific time depends on your business. In my experience half of the tasks that don't need specific time do not need specific date either. For my usage most of the tasks need to be scheduled with client and need specific time to plan the day.

Comment

I agree. This is one of the areas where crm sort of overlaps with other systems - project management in your case. There a task has always a start, an end and at least one ressource. Quotes are similar - these should be handled by sales (= CRM) but the necessary infrastructure lies with accounting / order processing and the ERP system.
                So for smaller entities w/o the need for a fully fledged PM system a new entity 'timed task" would be the way to go.
                ------------------
                Robert Laussegger
                iscon group
                http://www.iscongroup.net
                mailto://info@iscongroup.net

Comment

Working...
                X