Outbound Email Settings work but when testing generate a 503 Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outbound Email Settings work but when testing generate a 503 Error

New Bitnami installation of EspoCRM on AWS. Everything seems to be working as expected, but I'm getting a 503 error message on the frontend when sending emails and when testing in "Outbound Email Settings." But the log generates the following error:

[action] => sendTestEmail ) , InputData: {"server":"fvrm-rchg.accessdomain.com","port":"465","auth":true,"s ecurity":"SSL","username":"cfields@videomi.com","p assword":null,"fromName":"*****","fromAddress":"cf ields@videomi.com","type":"preferences","id":"57e3 4a1aaa4c6932f","emailAddress":"cfields@videomi.com "} - Incorrect authentication data [] []
    [2016-09-22 14:46:59] Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Incorrect authentication data , Code: 500 URL: /espocrm/api/v1/Email/action/sendTestEmail

The emails all seem to go through, so I'm not sure why it's generating this error. authentication info is all correct in the settings. I've tried multiple email addresses. Tried setting a default admin outbound email with "sharing" enabled. Tried setting each individual user's outbound email settings in prefs. Same error over and over. Not a huge deal as they seem to work but would like to track down the problem and correct if possible. Love this application so far.

Chris Blair

I have the same problem - Connection refused, Code: 500:

[2016-09-24 07:28:44] Espo.ERROR: API [POST]:/:controller/action/:action, Params:Array ( [controller] => Email [action] => sendTestEmail ) , InputData: {"server":"smtp.1und1.de","port":"587","auth":true ,"security":"TLS","username":"my.name@mydomain.com ","password":null,"fromName":"*****","fromAddress" :"my.name@mydomain.com","type":"outboundEmail","em ailAddress":"my.name@mydomain.com"} - Connection refused [] []
    [2016-09-24 07:28:44] Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Connection refused, Code: 500 URL: /api/v1/Email/action/sendTestEmail [] []

Very good CRM .......

Comment

It is really a very good CRM, but the problem with the outboundEmail makes me crazy! :-)

Comment

Hi guys,

I think you need to look into your server environment rather crm. Since EspoCRM is distributed as an application that can be installed on servers with different configurations it's up administrator to handle such problems. Sorry, but unfortunately developers of EspoCRM don't have enough time to help all end users to sort configuration issues.
        Last edited by yuri; 09-26-2016, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks...will look into server-side setup. I wasn't suggesting it was an EspoCRM issue by the way. Just thought that others might've experienced this and corrected it. I deal with email server craziness everyday with client setups so understand the complexities involved. Like I said, everything seems to work so not a huge issue but just wanted to eliminate future issues if and when we deploy for clients. I'm testing EspoCRM as a replacement or option for OnlyOffice (formerly TeamLab), and a couple other CRM solutions that we've setup for a few clients. Will test the advanced pack once we get everything working right on core setup.

Comment

Originally posted by peterbu68 View Post
            I have the same problem - Connection refused, Code: 500:

[2016-09-24 07:28:44] Espo.ERROR: API [POST]:/:controller/action/:action, Params:Array ( [controller] => Email [action] => sendTestEmail ) , InputData: {"server":"smtp.1und1.de","port":"587","auth":true ,"security":"TLS","username":"my.name@mydomain.com ","password":null,"fromName":"*****","fromAddress" :"my.name@mydomain.com","type":"outboundEmail","em ailAddress":"my.name@mydomain.com"} - Connection refused [] []
            [2016-09-24 07:28:44] Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Connection refused, Code: 500 URL: /api/v1/Email/action/sendTestEmail [] []

Very good CRM .......
            did you find a solution to this issue? i am also hosted with 1and1 and receiving the following error

Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Connection timed out, Code: 500 URL: /api/v1/Email/action/sendTestEmail [] []

Comment

Originally posted by Kent Patrick View Post

did you find a solution to this issue? i am also hosted with 1and1 and receiving the following error

Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Connection timed out, Code: 500 URL: /api/v1/Email/action/sendTestEmail [] []
              I'm getting this exact same error on Godaddy shared hosting with SMTP hair - did you ever figure this out?

Comment

Possible it related with port
                one of answers

Comment

I just got smtp outbound working. My issue was with Godaddy not providing correct details. For those using Godaddy webmail - DO NOT USE THEIR SMTP server address in the email settings panel. You have to use you cpanel url - just log in to cpanel and copy the first part of the url up to '.net' - you can delete the rest - do not include the 'https://' either - use your cpanel login name / password - for outbound DO use the normal IMAP settings. Once thats's done, you'll be able to send emails, they will archive to the IMAP server if you want them too.

My only remaining issue: no incoming emails are showing up. I cannot get my old emails either... not sure what's going on there.

I set all of this up under Email>Personal Email Accounts

Comment

I set the cron - emails are incoming, but I'm seeing all kinds of bugs - duplicate emails, incorrect dates, fetch date not being obeyed. It's kind of a disaster

Comment

Working...
                    X