Alternative to crontab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to crontab

Thanks for a very cool pies of work, I'm impressed of what you have accived with Espo.

I choose EspoCRM as I am currently on a shared hosting invironment. And it seems to be the only CRM out there (that are still very active on the development front), that is possible to install on a shared hosting environment with only the most basic PHP modules installed and limited access to server configs. But:

I don't have access to shell or crontab, my host only provide a very limited cron job feature (Once a day a script can go to a specified file path). So, is there any way around this?
    * * * * * /usr/bin/php -f ../espo/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1
    • Could I have an external script go to mydomain.dk/espo/cron.php
    • Or make/upload another script and call it externaly scheduled cron like service.

Thanks in advance
    Rune

If you have access to cpanel, you should also have a cron feature there.

Comment

I'll try and use that, even thou I'm only able to make it run once a day. If it's not enough for me, I think I found a solution, where a few line is passed out in cron.php and it will be accessible from an external cron script, even thou it will compromise the security a bit.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rune View Post
        I'll try and use that, even thou I'm only able to make it run once a day. If it's not enough for me, I think I found a solution, where a few line is passed out in cron.php and it will be accessible from an external cron script, even thou it will compromise the security a bit.

Thanks.
        Get another webhost. There is no reason why they should restrict cron usage this much. Or you could try to contact customer service and request that they change the configuration for your account.

Comment

A straightforward solution is to remove CLI check in cron.php and run cron.php file externally some way.

Comment

For "externally some way", using online cron job like https://www.easycron.com as an alternative is a good idea.

Comment

Working...
            X