Upgrade 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 doesn't work

Hello, I tried to upgrade to the next new version available. I downloaded the file from the website. The file is 365.6kb in size and I used the upgrade administration page on espocrm. I got an error after clicking the upgrade button.

I checked the error logs:

Code:
    [Sun Mar 20 17:35:59.085322 2016] [:error] [pid 14472] [client IPADDRESS:xxxxx] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use vierbergenlars\\LibJs\\String as String because 'String' is a special class name in /path/to/EspoCRM-4.0.2/vendor/vierbergenlars/php-semver/src/vierbergenlars/SemVer/internal.php on line 5
    I quickly googled and apparently "String" is a reserved keyword (just as Object) so this will have to be changed. How can I proceed to upgrade now or will you make a new package available?

I successfully updated by changing each occurrence of "String" and "Object" in the vierbergen library (all occurrences in all files in the libjs and semver directories) to something else. In my case I used "Stringa" and "Objecta" just to make it different from the reserved keyword. I retried upgrading and the upgrade finished successfully.

Comment

This is an error related to PHP 7. So what I did in order to be able to upgrade from 3.3.0 to 4.1.0 was to activate PHP 5.6 during upgrade and finally re-activated PHP 7 - worked like a charm.

Comment

Hi,

Solution:
        If you use PHP 7 you may have problems with upgrade packages for EspoCRM versions before 4.2.0. When you upload upgrade package you will get an error message.

Comment

Working...
        X