Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• round up with formula floating point numbers

Hi
    Does anyone have an idea how to always round up with formula floating point numbers?
    Example: 2,2 to 3 or 4,4 to 5 or 8.5 to 9
    peter

Hello
    In php you have such functions for this http://php.net/manual/en/function.round.php and http://php.net/manual/en/function.ceil.php
    https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...on-in-formula/ manual for creating new function in formula

implement it if exists round function (application/Espo/Core/Formula/Functions/NumberGroup/RoundType.php) or create a new one for Ceil

Comment

Hi Peter,

Try this:
      value = ifThenElse(value % 1 > 0, number\round(value + (1 - value % 1) + 0.00001), value);

But I didn't tested.

Comment

I'm trying to round off a value with the formula but failing at the moment. It just keep displaying value. I'm calculating as following. (Comments is in /* */) All field is Currency Field.

Gross=quantity*price /* Gross is read only field, quanity is 1, price is $855) */
        Discount=gross*0.095 /* Gross is $855, 0.095 mean 9.5% */

Issue is my Discount is showing up as $81.22 (true value is $81.225), I have tried the following code but it all fail to work. Not sure where I'm doing it wrong. Basically I want to make it show $81.23 (some formula I use below is to trial-and-error for a working formula).

Discount=gross*0.095
        number\ceil(Discount)

Discount=gross*0.095
        number\round(Discount, 2)

Discount=gross*0.095
        number\round(Discount, 0)

number\round(Discount,0)=gross*0.095

number\round(Discount,2)=gross*0.095

number\round(Discount=gross*0.095,0)

number\round(Discount=gross*0.095,2)

number\ceil(Discount,2)=gross*0.095

number\ceil(Discount=gross*0.095,2)

Comment

Hi,
          use this
          Code:
          fieldName = number\round(discount, 3)
          Note!
          You used the field name as 'Discount'.
          Is this a real field name? If so, it should start from the lower case letter (e.g. discount).
          Is this a variable? If so, it should start with '$' symbol (e.g. $Discount).

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            You used the field name as 'Discount'.
            Is this a real field name? If so, it should start from the lower case letter (e.g. discount).
            Is this a variable? If so, it should start with '$' symbol (e.g. $Discount).
            Thank you so much. It is working now. That was one variation I didn't think of trying and totally missed it. In relation to Discount, yes I aware of field case sensitivity, it was actually just example formula so the code look easier to read in the example. And you though far ahead, also give tip on Variable too (I'm not at that level to use Variable yet).
            ---
            For the code above here is my variation

discount= number\round(gross*0.095, 2)

Comment

Working...
            X