EntityManager before save Formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EntityManager before save Formula

So, I'm trying to do a before save formula using the drop down on the right side of the entity manager. I'm trying to identify a multi-enumerator and depending on which one is selected, it should add text to a text field.
    Here is my code:
    ifThen(
    entity\isNew() && case.type == 'Option',
    case.description = 'Text to add to field.'
    );
    _____
    This does nothing. Nothing is ever added to any field and I don't even know where I can look to debug non working script.

Hello

If you write formula for Cases

try
    ifThen(entity\isNew() && type == 'Option', description = 'Text to add to field.');

Comment

An ifThen or ifThenElse statement is format specific and all has to be on the same line? In the Calculated Fields (Formula) documentation the examples given are in the format I have above. I only ask because the only thing you changed, besides case.description to just description (which I did try) is just the format.

Comment

Sorry, one more thing. If it does have to be on a single line, is there a way to format the text to append to the field via xml code or something else?
        ifThen(entity\isNew() && type == 'Option', description = 'Text to add to field.<br>Another line below.');

Comment

No, text has not to be on the same line. If you need break a row, just press Enter button. And don't pay attention to highlighting

Comment

I realized the issue was punctuation. Characters that cannot be between the ' content ' marks is at least, other apostrophes, quotation marks, and commas. Is there a list of do not use punctuation for this field?

Comment

Working...
            X