Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email accounts not connecting

Hi,

Just installed Espo after struggling with many other CRMs - particularly with email.

So, I have setup a user email account - works fine - incoming and outgoing (using smtp).

I have a second user - exactly the same settings except for email address and password obviously - this does not work. An error flashes up, but disappears too quickly to capture it - something about 'Error 500 and sockets open".

Anyone have any suggestions, please.

If I can't get email to function properly, this is another CRM I can't use.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

The problem seems to be with the server. It can't connect to the imap server via sockets. That's why you get that error. There can be a lot of reasons why this is happening.

Comment

Maybe problem is occuring only when ssl protocol is used. It coud be also a firewall issue.

You can check: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...nd-framework-2
      or google with the request "zend mail php could not open socket"

Comment

I have this in my scheduled tasks on my host - /usr/bin/php55 /home/sites/xxxxxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/xxxxx.co.uk/espoCron.php (This file contains * * * * * cd /home/sites/xxxxxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/xxxxxxxxx.co.uk/clients; /usr/bin/php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1)

This runs OK and reports no problems. My normal email client shows any new emails in my inbox and in my sent box.

EspoCRM email is connected to my sent box and shows some, but not all of the emails in that folder. It is clearly NOT getting any new emails into the inbox - at all.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to sort this out. Am I right that the cron.php should be used to fetch the new email? If so - what am I getting wrong?

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Do you use the latest EspoCRM version?
          If yes, try to install mailparse (http://php.net/manual/en/book.mailparse.php) to load emails in alternative mode.
          Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Working...
          X