Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I adjust Contact Form in Entity Manager ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I adjust Contact Form in Entity Manager ?

Thank you for taking your time to read my inquiry follows.

I'm doing Client's Family Relation Database, which I want linked each other at Contact Level with Family Relation type (multi-enum)

First,What I'm trying to adjust is the Name Form instead Having Salutation, First Name And Last Name layout, I just want Salutation and Full Name only, I can't seem to figure it out how do I edit that, In Entity>Contact>Field I found Salutation,First Name, Last Name, and Name field but the Name field got weird type called 'person' how do I do it?

Second, When I link relationship contact to contact, it shows Contactleft, contactContact as middle table and Contactright, I want to called it as Next of Kin / Inheritor Contacts but looks weird I think. any better way of doing it?

Hello
    About second at first. You can name the field as you want. But remember it is a variable name, user nextOfKin and inheritorContacts. Also you can leave default names, but change labels as you want.

About first one. It could be a little tough. You can change a template of the name field (client/res/templates/fields/person-name), but you need to parse full name all the time before saving

Comment

Alright no Issue on Second part.

The First one as you informed to me. I already looked into it and not gonna touch those programming codes, I just leave it like that and add extra custom entity field of fullname. I think I'm gonna mess up the code if I alter the code since what I'm understand, it might be linked with other files.

Thank you Tanya!

Comment

At least 3 entities has field with this type (Lead, Contact and User). And if you do changes in core files, you can lose them after upgrading. So better to use custom fields. But... you custom field needs to define 'name' field. Because this field is used for displaying links.

Comment

Working...
        X