A review of Espo from the CEO of SuiteCRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A review of Espo from the CEO of SuiteCRM

Did anyone else catch this review of Espo (and other open source suites) from the CEO of SuiteCRM?

Here's the review which I thought was a little harsh!!!

>>>
    EspoCRM

EspoCRM is a moderately featured open source CRM with a business model of publishing higher value functionality behind paywalls. It is not clear from their website if these paid-for extensions are open source or proprietary. It has a small and not very active community (9 members when we visited during core business hours). The documentation is rudimentary, the user interface is uninspiring and non-intuitive and the reporting and workflow leave much to be desired.

VERDICT

Unclear commitment to open source combined with very low community engagement, primitive functionality in key areas, poor documentation, sub-standard user experience and no clear roadmap all lead us to conclude that this is a project that has a long way to go before we could recommend it for anything other than small companies with non-complex requirements.
    <<<
    Did anyone else catch this review of Espo (and other open source suites) from the CEO of SuiteCRM? Here's the review which I thought was a little harsh!!!

His own software is not better if you krtisiert the software of others.
    peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterberlin View Post
      His own software is not better if you krtisiert the software of others.
      SuiteCRM is great and it's definitely got the broadest feature set... the let down for me is that is doesn't integrate well with email, which is one of Espo's strengths... It also doesn't have the social chat/follow feature and I find Espo to run much faster...

I also think Espo looks great and the recent SuiteP theme isn't really my thing...

Espo's missing a 'last viewed' section for sure but otherwise I think the project is heading in a very positive direction...

SuiteCRM has a 'recently viewed' section in their themes as per the attached. I don't think Espo has something like this right now but it would be a great

Comment

EspoCRM is the best CRM product i have ever seen ... Really ... and awesome support here !
        Let's continue the adventure all together

Comment

EspoCRM is the most flexible Open Source CRM out there.... Point. I've been trying most of the Open Souce CRM and nothing comes close to a clean code and neat design. The amount of customization it's compared to none. As for the Open Source commitment, I just don't think what else they want( Very active Gighub repository and activity). Finally, the community is Awesome, I never experienced an open source project when most of your question and concern are answered from the dev team in such small time frame ( usually less than 24h). They always willing to help and implement new improvements.
          You Guys rock!!! Keep it up with your great Job!

Comment

I was testing Zurmo, Vtiger, SuiteCRM and EspoCRM at the same time for 2 weeks, also I try Odoo but I discard it soon, because it was too much than I wanted.

I'm using more than succesfully osTicket for Cases, and EspoCRM for Sales and Emailing. Both are the best for engineer bussinesmen with demostrable reputation.

EsporCRM team, good job and keep feeling big ones unconfortable!

Comment

I tested SuiteCRM and now I'm here

Comment

Originally posted by jtttt View Post
                I tested SuiteCRM and now I'm here
                Exactly. I installed SuiteCRM and it had a runaway log process that ate my entire disk. SuiteCRM has now been deleted.

EspoCRM has been rock solid, and I received an answer to a support query within hours. 7 days later and I still have had no response to a support query on the SuiteCRM forum about a non-functioning calendar (which I note others have had problems with)....

The only thing I find a bit problematic with EspoCRM is getting IMAP to sync all folders in an account correctly, but on the other hand EspoCRM doesn't claim to be a fully-functional IMAP client. We're using it to fetch incoming email from the INBOX of a dedicated account and then process it, and that seems to work fine.
                Last edited by greenstones; 03-19-2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Like many others, I have tried SuiteCRM and other similar solutions. None really did what I needed without a lot of modifications to fit our business needs. That is understandable and to be fair we needed to make plenty of changes to Espo to fit our process. The major difference with Espo and the others was that Espo was extremely easy to change to our needs, without any coding while the others were extremely difficult.

The power of Espo is the flexibility without coding capabilities. If one of my team needs something changed in fields, flow, forms, etc. it is a few clicks in a few minutes to accomplish.

Now at the same time there are things I agree with on the review.

1. Documentation is weak
                  2. Feature request generally go without much comments back from Espo, makes it feel like no one is listening.
                  3. The community is small and not extremely active. However I think that could change if we had more engagement from the devs or they had a blog about what is happening.

In any case, Espo has been the first CRM that I have been able to truly bend to our needs and process without having to get down to customizing a lot of code.

Comment

I made a comment to his review, but it was never publish. I guess we know why.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce185 View Post

SuiteCRM is great and it's definitely got the broadest feature set... the let down for me is that is doesn't integrate well with email, which is one of Espo's strengths... It also doesn't have the social chat/follow feature and I find Espo to run much faster...

I also think Espo looks great and the recent SuiteP theme isn't really my thing...

Espo's missing a 'last viewed' section for sure but otherwise I think the project is heading in a very positive direction...
                      FYI - Espo now has this feature.

Comment

Espo has it but it's 2 clicks away. You have to click the hamburger menu in the top right hand corner and then click 'last viewed'... In Suite, the last viewed records are always shown...

Comment

I played a lot with SuiteCRM and now I love espoCRM -- Migration was no Problem

Comment

i think espocrm is best choice. Thanks espocrm

Comment

Once you decide to switch over to using EspoCRM, you can face the challenges concerning transferring of your customer data. Here is the useful link for those that would like to learn the nuances of exporting data from SuiteCRM & importing data into Espo - https://www.espocrm.com/blog/export-...rt-to-espocrm/

Comment

Working...
                              X