Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to add a "Tag" type field to an entity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to add a "Tag" type field to an entity?

Is it possible to have a "Tags" field type that can be added to an element to allow you to categorise accounts, contacts, leads, etc through the addition of words in the same way these forum posts can be categorised? Whilst calling a client or contact we may wish to add tags to that client to assist in future activities, eg if they have an upcoming project, or are a user of a particular process or product then we can add this as a tag to that entity within ESPO. It needs more flexibility than a tickbox field as we won't know what key words we'll need. New tags should be able to be added whilst in the parent entity without leaving the page and existing tags should be suggested as the user starts typing, something like this http://aehlke.github.io/tag-it/
    This is an increasingly common feature in many web based tools and is notable by its absence here... Unless I'm missing something...

Hello
    EspoCRM is an open source CRM. You can add own field type. There are on the forum a lot of examples, how community creates own field types

Comment

I thought I'd searched the forum. Maybe I'm just using the wrong terms. It seems every project I'm involved with uses slightly different terms for elements that do the same things in each app.
      After a bit more searching I've added an field of type "array" to my installation and this seems to work well.
      2 things :
      1) It doesn't (yet) prompt me with suggestions as I type. If I get time I'll look to see if this is possible.
      2) If I put in "options" as part of the entity definition it limits me to just these without an apparent option to add more.
      3) I have noticed that even though I can add the column to the "list" view for "accounts" I can't see how to search in that list for accounts that match something in the new "tag" field. The search option to "add fields" doesn't appear to pick up my additional "tag" field and display it in the list (see attached image). Is there a file I need to edit to add to the list of search fields? I've searched the forums and google but can't find anything.

I'm still on 4.4.1 because one of our other techs did some customisation but I've tried these on the live demo (4.8.2) and the same appears to happen

Comment

to add a field to the filter list - Administration > Search Filters > add you field

Comment

Just checked in 4.4.1 (our current install) and 4.8.3 Our new evaluation and there is no "Search filters" option on my administration screen

However I did find a file
          ./application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/layouts/Account/filters.json
          which has added the option "tags" to to match my tags array field

On 4.4.1 this still doesn't appear, tried clear chache adn rebuild but still no luck

On 4.8.3 it does show tags in the "add field" of the search option. I added this field and created 2 contacts with tag1 and tag2 entries in the tags field but was unable to get the list to only filter one or the other. account entry based on their tag fields. I confirmed it does work when using the email filter as the extra field.

Does search work on array fields?

Comment

it can be searched only by options, set in entity manager

Comment

For this you can create an entity Tag and add relate with needed entity. Also you can make this field as Link Multiple
              If you are seeking for a way of adjusting a CRM to your company’s needs, then this information about the functions of Entity Manager will be of vital importance for you.

Looks not so good, but it works much better

Comment

Working...
              X