Google Sync is not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Sync is not working

Hi, I'm working with Espocrm 4.81 and Advanced Pack 1.25. I installed it on o webhosting server. Every thing worked fine. But when I wanted to set up Google sync, I got a similar problem like tobias at 14/7/2017. On the admin page I choosed external accounts -> Google -> set active -> connect, then I allowed the access to calendar and contacts, then there was a blank page with the message EspoCRM rocks and on the EspoCRM Site there is a message Please wait ... and then nothing happens further. The access to my homepage is http, not https, so I think the solution of tobias is not working for me. Does anybody has an idea? thx Michael

Hi Michael,

Could you check whether Site URL paremeter in Administration > Settings is your actual url with http.

Also please check whether any errors logged in data/logs directory.

Thanks

Comment

Following!
      I've also had inconsistent results with Google sync. I have 15+ users who were able to sync just fine and then I had 2 which this happened with as well. One of the users had two-factor authentication enabled for their google account and that seemed to be the issue for that user. Once they turned it off it was fine. The second user did not have two-factor set-up and was getting the "EspoCRM rocks!" screen and was unable to set preferences. The user informed me that he has been getting meeting updates pushed to his Google calendar if another user adds him to their meeting, but meetings he sets himself do not show up. No errors on my side other than an error for the popup in the console. He appears to have his Google calendar sharing allowed as well. I have not upgraded to the latest 4.8.1 released last week yet though.

MicKress you may want to double-check that your Google calendar share settings are enabled. I'm not sure that would be the problem, but something to consider.
      Last edited by joy11; 08-21-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Hi, after deleting all settings in google and in Espocrm and building them up again the connection to my google account is working. I can also set the sync preferences, which I've done. A scheduled job ist set up for every 10 minutes, and the crontab file was modified as it is written on the scheduled jobs page. But none of my meetings is synchronized. Neither when I set up meetings in google calender nor when I set up a calender item in Espocrm. Regards Michael

Comment

Check to see if your job has run, and make sure it's set to active. Administration > Scheduled Jobs > Google Calendar Sync Click on the job and check the log there.

Check your espo system log for errors in folder: data/logs/ [date]

Comment

Hi joy11, thanks for the answer. The job is set active, and in the log section there is "no data". I will check the espocrm log file when I'm home again, at the moment I habe no access to the directory. Regards Michael

Comment

For a test, try to create a new meeting in EspoCRM and one in Google Calendar. Then check if they will sync.
              Job Offers and Requests

Comment

I did it, there were no results.

Comment

Meanwhile I Thonk that is a problem with scheduled tasks. Cause even Mails weren't sent nor fetched. But the crontab file exists ...

Comment

Hi, can anybody imagine for what reason scheduled talks are not working although crontab file is modified like adviced in the scheduled tasks page? I tried several versions, i got the message that crontab file is installed. Regards Michael

Comment

Please check if your crontab command is working. To do this copy your crontab command without "* * * * * " and run via SSH. It should be something like this:
                      Code:
                      cd /var/www/html/espocrm; /usr/bin/php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1
                      Please run under your webserver user, or this command:
                      Code:
                      cd /var/www/html/espocrm; [B]sudo -u www-data[/B] /usr/bin/php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1
                      Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Hi, I tested the crontab file with */4 * * * * (echo "Crontab Test" | mail -s "Crontab Test" mymail@mydomain.de). That works, I get every 4 minutes a mail on the mailaddress. This command is placed behind the command that should start the Espocrm cron.php. But I will check the command you posted.

Comment

Hi, I've got the following message:

Warning</b>: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in <b>/xxxx/htdocs/EspoCRM/cron.php</b> on line <b>38</b><br />
                          <br />
                          <b>Warning</b>: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in <b>/xxxx/htdocs/EspoCRM/cron.php</b> on line <b>38</b><br />
                          <br>
                          Parse error</b>: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in <b>/xxx/htdocs/EspoCRM/cron.php</b> on line <b>38</b><br />

Comment

What is you current PHP version?
                            Also, check what is the version of cli php via the command:
                            Code:
                            /usr/bin/php -v
                            Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Hi, when I start the command in the browser, I get the message "cron can be run only via cli". The php version is 4.4.9. But normally it should be 7.0.

Comment

Working...
                              X