Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to create a workflow update from child entity to parent entity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to create a workflow update from child entity to parent entity?

Hi, I created a workflow that from Case record created, workflow will "create related entity" to Task.

but if i want to create a workflow from Task record saved, workflow will update back to the case linked, unfortunately I can't get any to work.

For better picture, i show a simple example:

1. Case Created ===> Create Related Entity (Task) to duplicate field from Case (example Case.Name, Case.Account and etc).

2. Linked Task Saved and set to Completed ====> Update Related Entity (Parent Case) to close the parent case if linked task is set to completed.

The 2nd workflow is not success. Any idea?

Hello
    You can not update parent entity with workflow.
    You can create an afterSave hook for task

Or
    You can create a relationship in Entity Manager between task and case. Set formula for this caseId field (if parentType='Case' caseId=parentId). And after that I think you can update this related entity with workflow

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Hello
      You can not update parent entity with workflow.
      You can create an afterSave hook for task

Or
      You can create a relationship in Entity Manager between task and case. Set formula for this caseId field (if parentType='Case' caseId=parentId). And after that I think you can update this related entity with workflow
      I'm not good in php, can you guide me what should i do in formula? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDSTMNFZPLE - Entity Manager
        https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...ion/formula.md - Formula

Comment

Thanks for your kind help.

This is my formula: ifThenElse(parentType='Case', casePrimaryId=parentId)

I tested create a Case and the workflow is created a Task that linked to Case, I did check the record it filled the caseid to relationship case_primary_id. (worked)

But, i created a workflow after record saved, it will update the related entity case, it will created duplicate Task each time i edit the Task. Any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by edward7097 View Post
            1. Case Created ===> Create Related Entity (Task) to duplicate field from Case (example Case.Name, Case.Account and etc).
            Check Workflow trigger type if it is after record created. send me screenshots of all workflows, please

Comment

Check Workflow trigger type if it is after record created. send me screenshots of all workflows, please
              Hi, Thanks for your kindly response.

1. Close Task - No issue at all, when i completed the task, workflow will close related case as well.

2. Create Task after Case record saved - No issue when i created a new Case and workflow create and link a Task

3. Edit Task - When i edit the Task, it will duplicate a same Task after saved.

Comment

Few tips

Edit task - add in Any section - if fields, you want to copy, were changed
                Close task - in All section - is status was changed
                in formula ifThenElse(casePrimaryId==null,ifThenElse(parentTy pe='Case', casePrimaryId=parentId))

Comment

Few tips

Edit task - add in Any section - if fields, you want to copy, were changed
                  Close task - in All section - is status was changed
                  in formula ifThenElse(casePrimaryId==null,ifThenElse(parentTy pe='Case', casePrimaryId=parentId))
                  Hi, Thanks for your help but unfortunately "Edit Task" still not work that follow your guide, it create another duplicate Task after i click saved

Comment

Create task can only "Create Task after Case record created" (you wrote 'saved', if it was true - it could be the reason on problem). I am not sure, workflow "after record created" triggered twice. Other workflows don't have the rules for task creating

Comment

Create task can only "Create Task after Case record created" (you wrote 'saved', if it was true - it could be the reason on problem). I am not sure, workflow "after record created" triggered twice. Other workflows don't have the rules for task creating
                      sorry it was my typo mistake, actually it is record created but not saved.

the other task workflow doesn't create duplicate task for example completed task, workflow will trigger and close the case

Comment

Check also workflow log (arrow next to Create Workflow button). Wherever case workflow after created triggered once or twice.

Comment

Working...
                        X