No announcement yet.

NOT operator in Advanced Pack Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So - would you consider adding this? I don't have the skills around the query generation part of Espo to be able to do this cleanly.

Comment

We will need changes in EspoCRM ORM i think. So we can consider not sooner than in 4.7 version.

Comment

OK so maybe around end of June 17? That would be great, if sooner, all the better.

Comment

After 4.7.0 released. In about 1 months or bit later.

Comment

Fantastic, I appreciate that Yuri. I think it'll really push the Reports feature into a whole new level...

On that note - why don't you think about improving the visual elements of it? Out users find the operators hard to use and struggle visualising the logic. Maybe there's an existing library which would sit on top of the query generator? If the Reports feature was visually more rewarding I think people would be encouraged to use it more often and not feel put off.

Comment

It uses standard search view of fields. Applying any 3rd party lib there is a big challenge and will bring about new problems. I don't want to break what is working well. I can consider only small appearance amendments at this moment.

Comment

I understand that. I have a couple of suggestions for tweaks then:

Somehow try and express that there is an implicit AND operator on the first level.

When Add Filter is clicked, focus the Add Filter dialog.

Allow users to dismiss the Add Filter dialog by clicking outside.

When a filter is added, focus the filter, maybe even flash highlight where it appeared as visualy it's not that clear.

Allow drag and drop of filters between logical operators + to re-order.

Comment

Also perhaps have the Add filer dialog appear closer to the filter panel, or make the controls editable ( in the style of content edittable or similar) rather than require the dialog at all?

Also the EntityName.Property styling could maybe improved to emphasis the period symbol, or more use of colour. I'll have a think and try and make some patches. The workflow detail view is better because it uses font sizes & colours to make things easier to understand.

Just my opinion of course. Others may think differently.

Comment

Thanks. I will take a look what can be done.

Comment

Working...
                    X