Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to cancel an email scheduled by workflows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to cancel an email scheduled by workflows?

I have a workflow that automatically sends an email to a contact 7 days after their email address is updated, and then another 14 days after. This works just fine, but the next question is, if I need to stop the workflow that has already triggered... how can I cancel those emails midway? Such as on day 4, after the workflow triggered but before the scheduled emails trigger.

I would like to do so without deleting the workflow, since I'll be using it on a lot of contacts.

Administration > Scheduled Jobs > dropdown in top-right corner > Jobs.

There you can find the job that needed to be deleted. Bit tricky.

Comment

Method: sendEmail
      Service: Workflow

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
        Method: sendEmail
        Service: Workflow
        Is there a way to automatically remove jobs through a workflow?

We're making a follow-up loop of contact for customers, but I want to be able to cancel a follow up loop if it's changed.

Comment

Perhaps something like a Service Action that deletes all Jobs labelled "Workflow" with Contact: First-Last.

Comment

You can run sequential workflow instead of Send Email. That workflow will re-check specific criteria and then run Send Email if they are met.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
              You can run sequential workflow instead of Send Email. That workflow will re-check specific criteria and then run Send Email if they are met.
              Thanks. I will have to do that. It makes it a little messier but it will get the job done. Thanks again.

Comment

You also can use 'Is Changed' condition in the sequential workflow to check whether field has been changed since the parent workflow was triggered.

Comment

Working...
                X