Trying to create automated Follow Up Loop emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to create automated Follow Up Loop emails

I'm wracking my head on this, I can't quite figure out a way to do this.

I'm looking for a way to add a contact to an automated follow-up loop after an initial phone call. I want custom follow up automations based on the content of our call.

For instance, if the customer declines our service but is maybe interested, I'd like to add them to a follow-up loop that emails them in 5 days, again in another 7 days, once more in 2 more weeks, etc.

You can set up a campaign to do that, but here's the problem. I'm calling about 80 people a day. Campaigns are on set time schedules. I need to be able to add each person to this follow up loop on their own schedules as they get called. If I call somebody next week and add them to a campaign, they'd have missed the first email in the campaign. Makes no sense.

Is there an extension to do this? A way to do it with workflows?

I tried the demo of workflows and it looks virtually impossible.

I tried making a trigger that detects when a contact is updated, checks to see if they're on a particular list, and then sends an email, triggers a new workflow in 10 days, etc. Except the trigger doesn't work.

I also need it to keep track of what stage in the follow up loop they are. Are they on email 1, 2, 3 or 4?

Is this just not possible on espo?

Edit: I figured out workflows, and i think there's a way to do this.
    Last edited by FredFredrickson; 12-14-2016, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Sounds like this would be a transactional email sent per client in order, not using campaigns? Is that how you figured it out?

Comment

Originally posted by alasdaircr View Post
        Sounds like this would be a transactional email sent per client in order, not using campaigns? Is that how you figured it out?
        This would be a killer feature to add to the next release, but here's how i figured out a way to do it.

Set two new variables for contacts. Follow up loop name (something like "Follow up after declined call") and a follow up loop stage (integer).

Then I set a workflow on contact save, tested if follow up loop name changed, and if it was one of the loops with a stage of zero, it would start the emails as such:

Send an email with a "We're sorry you weren't interested. here's some more info..."

Then update the stage to 1 (from zero).

Then Trigger a new workflow for now plus 5 days.

The next workflow works the same, new email "Hey, don't forget about us...", stage goes to 2, and new workflow triggered for plus 8 days.

Etc.

If I can get email working, I'll buy the advanced pack.

Comment

Working...
        X