Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workflow Sequential Trigger

Hi,

When a delayed sequential trigger is saved in the job table (type: jobTriggerWorkflow) the properties of the related entity are also saved (e.g assignedUser). I'm just wondering when the execute_time is reached are values used in the triggered workflow taken live from the entity, or do they use these old cached values?

I am using Workflow to created triggers that happen weeks in the future. It could be that the values have changed between now and then. I would like the sequential workflow to always use the most up to date values.

Answer is here: application/Espo/Modules/Advanced/Services/Workflow.php

Actual and "Is Changed" condition can be used to compare whether certain field was changed since action has been triggered.

Comment

Amazing - thanks for explaining that Yuri.

So this is just so I can use the 'Is Changed' condition in a sequential workflow.

And if I use the trigger entity's values in the Create Entity action, it will use actual (current) values.

I know you're all busy but some documentation for workflows would be great! Workflows are the best bit of Espo. Very well implemented :-)

Comment

Documentation for workflow is planned to be written very soon

Comment

Also the way workflows display the conditions horizontally is SO MUCH better then the Report's filters - which are really not well designed IMO.

Our users constantly click into the Runtime filter box rather than the tiny 'Add Filter' link.

This is a mock up I just made for Report filters:

Comment

Working...
          X