New modules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New modules?

Hi guys, I feel this is a great project with an enormous potential. I love it. As you know, every CRM manager sometimes needs to implement new modules beyond the CRM standard ones. Is there an easy way to do this with EspoCRM (i.e. starting from a template, via API, SDK...) or I need to do it changing the actual CRM php code? Thank you so much

Hi

Thank you for your feedback. It's possible to add new modules w/o changing any core files now. But there is no an ability to upload modules for now. We will make it in future.

Creating new modules and entities is not difficult. Directories:
    • application/Espo/Modules/{newModule} (camelCase name)
    • client/modules/{new-module} (hyphen lower case name)

The client dir is not necessary.

Comment

Thank you, Yurikuzn

Comment

Very excited about this project ! I have had managed crm system for multiple organizations and had been thinking of adopting a truly open source project to move forward.
        How can one add additional fields to stock entities like account and contacts ?
        also is there any documentation of adding custom business rules /validation checks ?

Comment

Hi

No documentation yet. You can add fields using Admin >> Field Manager. View files for fields is is here: client/src/views/fields/*. You can add your our field type in metadata: application/Espo/Resources/metadata/fields/*

Comment

Thanks @yurikuzn is it possible to add business rules or validation checks against exiting fields ?

Comment

All supported validation checks are available in field manager. If you want custom - you need some custom coding.

What do you mean saying business rules? Operations against entity or dynamic forms? There is no ability to define rules to hide/show fields etc. It needs js coding.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
                What do you mean saying business rules? Operations against entity or dynamic forms? There is no ability to define rules to hide/show fields etc. It needs js coding.
                Yes one of the aspects of business rule is: showing and hiding fields based on profile setting of the logged in user.
                Also a little complex business rules like do a validation check against a field only when certain event occur: e.g. check value in account record, if an opportunity is closed for the same account.

I understand this quite a new project, this could be one of a great things to document/implement in future.

-Adi

Comment

Hi yurikuzn,

I was just wandering if you have any examples of what would need to be added in order to make a custom module? I have tried to follow your instructions (see below) but with limited success.

Creating new modules and entities is not difficult. Directories:
                  • application/Espo/Modules/{newModule} (camelCase name)
                  • client/modules/{new-module} (hyphen lower case name)
                  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
                  cs1h

Comment

New Entity type? I can't describe all needed strep, it's too long. Soon will be a post on our blog.

Comment

hi, i was make a download of crm and i love it!!!!
                      now i want to know if this crm have a modules:
                      Tickets
                      invoice
                      quotes
                      customer area / client area

Comment

You can use Cases as Tickets.
                        EspoCRM doesn't have Quotes and Portal for now.

Comment

Originally posted by eddywebs View Post

Yes one of the aspects of business rule is: showing and hiding fields based on profile setting of the logged in user.
                          Also a little complex business rules like do a validation check against a field only when certain event occur: e.g. check value in account record, if an opportunity is closed for the same account.

In the next version it will be possible to declare dynamic form logic. Depending on some field value can force to hide, show, make required another field. The logic is declared in JSON format.

Comment

EspoCRM is greate to me, but I dont know develop and deploy a new module step by step, if EspoCRM have a document or wiki for developer then it so good

Thanks so much

Comment

Note: It's possible to create custom entity through Admin UI. This article is outdated. I'm going to show you how to create new entities in EspoCRM manually. We will make new simple module called PM (Project Management) with Projects and Tasks entities.

Comment

Working...
                              X