Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of MailChimp integration questions

Hi,

I was trying out MailChimp integration functionality that was a part of Advanced Pack in Personal Demo instance and I have couple of questions.
    1. How should the synchronization work? Is it possible to synchronize MailChimp mailing list with Espo so that all of the subscribers get imported into Espo as contacts? This did not work for me somehow. Also I got the feeling that changes made in MailChimp are not reflected in Espo, for example, when I removed subscriber from Mailing list it still showed up in Espo. Similar problem emerged when I removed contact from Target List in Espo, but it did not disappear from MailChimp. Is this the expected behaviour?
    2. I had the feeling that even the manual synchronization takes relatively long time. For example, when I added new contact to target list in Espo and clicked "Sync Now" it still required about 20+ minutes for changes to appear in MailChimp. Are there ways to improve this?

Thanks,
    Toms

Hi Toms,

1. You can look into this page http://www.espocrm.com/features/mailchimp-integration/ . There is an explanation how mailchimp integration works. Sync of targets is one-way: from EspoCRM to MailChimp. From mailchimp we sync only statistics.

2. It's taking long on demo. We cut down frequency of cron runs so it runs each 10 minutes instead of each normal 1 minute.

Thank you.

Comment

From mailchimp we sync only statistics.
      I have one question: I synced my campaign with my Mailchimp campaign. The campaign in Mailchimp has been sent. But there are no statistics in EspoCRM campaign.

Why?

My EspoCRM campaign has a target list of contacts associated with it, which is synched to Mailchimp.
      The Cronjob is running with "Success"

Comment

Hello,
        whether both of jobs are run: Administration > Scheduled Jobs > MailChimp Sync and RunMailChimpQueueItems jobs
        When did you sent the Campaign?
        When do you relate EspoCRM Campaign with MailChimp Campaign?
        Did you click Sync Now? If not the log is load with frequency, set for MailChimp Sync job. Also if you get the notification, that Campaign is synced after Sync now button, it means - all needed requests were sent, but some could wait for the answer from MailChimp server.

Comment

Hi Tanya,
          both Jobs are run with success in log.
          The campaign was sent yesterday. After that, the campaign was linked to EspoCRM. I then pressed sync manually in Campaign.
          Since yesterday the button is grayed out.

look at the screenshots please. Thank you.

Attached Files

Comment

Could you check in job table, whether you have jobs, related to MailChimp, with the status Running?

also in application/Espo/Modules/Advanced/Services/MailChimp.php checkManualSyncs method find
            $this->getEntityManager()->getRepository('MailChimpQueue')->where([ ... change parameter 'status' to 'actionStatus' (it has to be 3 matches).
            It's not a critical bug, it exists (or wait for new release).

Comment

Sorry, I read it over: "(it has to be 3 matches)

Comment

I've changed all 3 matches from status to actionStatus.

I've checked in the Job-Table if there is a job "running". No there isn't :-(((
                Nothing happened in statistics in my campaign.

BTW, the Mailchimp-Sync-Button in campaign AND Targetlists is still grayed out...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by animax; 07-06-2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

btw, Curl is enabled...
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm confused. Mailchimp says there were no API calls...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Now i updated to 5.3.0, nothing happend with my statistics
                      But now EspoCRM says: Campaign is synct (screenshot)
                      ... but the statistics haven't changed :.(
                      Attached Files

Comment

could you change logger mode in data/config.php to DEBUG and click the button Sync Now again.
                        Also you could try to relate any campaign in EspoCRM with any campaign in MailChimp. You could don't save this relation, just check if connection is OK.
                        After few hours check mail_chimp_queue table. action_status column. Do you have Running or Failed values?

Comment

I have changed the mode in DEBUG.
                          Manually I could only sync the target list. The Mailchimp Sync near Campania was grayed out.

Here you can download the logfile from "After manual Sync Mailchimp Targetlist"

The Cron runs in steps of 10 minutes. No Jobs with "Failed or Running". All "Success"

I Only have 1 campaign in Espo at this time, this is linked to Mailchimp.

In Mailchimp my Contacts were synced correct to Mailchimp, also with a custom field!

I don't know why statistics not work :-(
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is an other, later log File

Comment

please open data/upload folder. You can find archives with the name mc-{id}-response . Could you check the permission to these files. And which one user is used for crontab?
                              Could you open any of these files to check if archive is OK?
                              Last edited by tanya; 07-09-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X