Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eventbrite

Hi,

Sharing this for anyone who might be inviting contacts / leads to events via eventbrite and want's to see their history in espo. (I'll admit this is a niche use case, but it's always good to see how an extension might be tackled if you were interested in creating one!). No other functionality is included, this just leads you see external events as items in a person's Activities and History panel.

Patch against latest Espo sources. You must enter your API keys into application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Jobs/Eventbrite.php manually and then create a scheduled job. It's rudimentary but works for us.

Making this I was left wondering about extensions to espo in general. Modifying existing core classes in order to add a new History/Activity Event type is not a long term solution as multiple extensions would cause conflicts with the custom/* files.

This is the same issue that SugarCRM has as far as I know.

Without being an expert in how Espo's core is programmed, I'm not sure how flexible this could be to allow more interesting modifications of core functionality by extensions without conflicting.

But anyway just my thoughts and a little tool to help people.. despite some subtle tricky things, espo is easy to hack on

Hello

There will be the ability to install/unlinstall extensions in the next version of Espo.

You can redefine metadata in module directory. Now there is a problem with a priority and with an ability to append to arrays but we will solve this. In regards classes, they can be redeclared (extended) only once in the Custom namespace. OOP design doesn't provide a more flexible ability as far as I know.

Comment

Working...
    X