Invoices / Quotes Advanced Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invoices / Quotes Advanced Pack

I am currently testing invoices/quotes of the Advanced Pack and I have a couple of issues:

I can't get the templates right. The editor (summernote) and TCPDF somehow do not work together well. No matter what I am doing I can't get fonts and line heights so show as intended. I even tried it with external HTML code pasted - to no avail
    There is a problem with inserted pictures (logo) - they are blurred even though I use no size conversion. If I do change the size in the editore the picture shows as 2x1mm
    There is no font selector available in the editor.
    The workspace of the editor is much too small since there is a lot of wasted space to the right.
    The variables drop down list is all mixed up (not sorted), some concepts are translated, some are pure field names
    Some variables don't seem to work at all (like contact name for instance)
    There is no separation between invoice and quöte which creates a problem with autoincremented numbers - usually there are many more quotes than invoices but consecutive numbering for invoices is an absolute requirement in most countries.
    There is no field for line discount. Customers love to see discounts as percentages for particular items.

I will continue testing - there are a few other things I need to re-test and confirm
    Attached Files
    ------------------
    Robert Laussegger
    iscon group
    http://www.iscongroup.net
    mailto://info@iscongroup.net

Font face changing will be available in config. But not in template. There are problem with it. TCPDF is not a handy lib but it's the only one we can use.
    Last edited by yuri; 02-16-2016, 09:09 AM.

Comment

There is full screen mode in editor.

Comment

Fulll screen mode as well as a font selector seems to be available but not in this implementation. Or at least I couldn't find it.
        ------------------
        Robert Laussegger
        iscon group

Comment

Full screen is available in EspoCRM 4.0.0.

Comment

Coming back to invoices / quotes again. Here is my full list of errors and missing functionalities (tested wit v4b2 and Advanced Pack 1.7)

Invoice
            • Editing/display space very limited by owner box on the right
            • No possibility to add repeating second line (for e.g. comments, description) - or at least I do not know how...
            • Amounts are of type currency but do not show digits behind the comma (should be a general currency setting)
            • Line discount does not exist
            • Separate line for delivery cost exists but is not included in tax calculation (in general it is better to define delivery cost as article because tax rates may vary)
            • Invoice numbers cannot be set to autoincrement because quote and invoice is the same record/table
            • Same for quote numbers
            • Field "name" doesn't make a lot of sense
            • As per the default settings there is no due date
            • As per the default settings there are no payment conditions
            • As per the default settings there are no units (h, pcs, kg...)
            • There is no field for tax amount per line
            • Tax percentages per line should be predefined (drop down)
            • Gross amount (incl. tax) is missing on line (required in case of B2C)

Template
            • The editor is a mess. I thought that Tiny was bad but this one is by far worse. It might be sufficent to write a text or an email but never ever try to do more with it. All layout editing must be done externally and inserted via HTML
            • Any change to (inserted) tables from within the editor leads immediately to a messed up display/print - WYSIWYG is not achievable when working with tables
            • Line spacing is all wrong
            • Pictures are blurred, regardless of size or file type
            • No font selector
            • Full screen editing leads to display errors (this might be the beta version)
            • Some HTML tags are not understood by the editor (like line height in tables)
            • Nested tables (which usually work with TCPDF) show more or less correctly in the editor but are wrong when printing
            • Table widths cannot be set, not even as percentage of the available space
            • Custom fields do not print

Bugs
            • Some custom fields do not show (see pictures). Cache was deleted and rebuilt, user cache deleted
            ------------------
            Robert Laussegger
            iscon group

Comment

• tm8
              tm8 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hallo iscon,

hast schon eine Lösung für die Angebotsnummer und Rechnungsnummer?
              Ich bin einfach nur erstaunt, dass eine so teure Erweiterung nicht einmal das Grundprinzip von Angebot und Rechnung erfĂĽllt. Genauso schleck ist es das man bei der Firma keinen Feldtyp Kundennummer hat den man Kofnigurieren kann.
              Danke

* I don't see problem with image blur. Can you show screenshot?

* We will not implement font select support in editor. It's impossible for now. You can change it in config.php among those fonts which are provided with TCPDF. See vendor/tecnick.com/tcpdf/fonts folder. I don't recommend to mix different fonts on same page. It looks awful except for logo text.
            Last edited by yuri; 02-22-2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Upper left: PDF from my current application (also via TCPDF), upper right Espo, lower left original png (for Espo I used the original size of the png without any modifications).
              Fonts: No mixing intended. The customer just wants to use the same font as everywhere. Some Times or whatever it is...
              ------------------
              Robert Laussegger
              iscon group

Comment

You can set it in data/config.php:
                'pdfFontFace' => 'times'

Comment

Maybe different TCPDF version. Wierd, cause my tests with jpg look fine.

Regarding wysywig, Not sure that it's an issue of summernote. All use contenteditable html attribute that is a browser's implementation.

Comment

TCPDF wasn't changed. Standard installation. And: try to change the size of the picture from within the editor. See what's printed.

WYSIWYG: All is fine (?) if you use the built in functions. But open the the quote template, go to the body section and change the font of one word/variable. See what happens. Or: Create a table externally (pure HTML) paste it into the header and try to get it aligned to the right (table should have more than one column). No font definition, no font size, no width. All of which mess it up even more.
                    ------------------
                    Robert Laussegger
                    iscon group

Comment

I changed font size of variable in table cell, set text bold and it worked fine.

Did you specify width="100%" of your table? I created table and aligned w/o problem.

Comment

It is what it is...
                        See here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-L...ew?usp=sharing
                        ------------------
                        Robert Laussegger
                        iscon group

Comment

Working...
                        X