No announcement yet.

Inactive Role feature for contact account relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UX wise, people here understand how to use it and what it represents. It's same visual clue as an invalid email address.

Comment

Cool. Would be great if we have found out how to we can change Role w/o changing Account and track it
      Last edited by yuri; 01-26-2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Ah yes that's an interesting one. You can't add the same company twice in a contact<->company relationship.

Comment

yuri

So is there any interest in getting this into core?

It's working well for us - however it could do with some clean up from people with more experience of the code. I also think in general it could be refactored to be less of an 'add-on' and better integrated. My UI code isn't that hot either.

I'm also unable to finish a couple of issues: ideally reports and searches would only include 'Active' roles, however it should be possible to stipulate that you want to search for 'Inactive' roles. E.g. Generate a list of Contacts who no longer work for companies of a particular type.

I've also had to make some fairly hacky fixes for the Advanced Pack reports feature. Ideally the changes would all be core, and Reports would just work..

But overall, it's not a huge patch - maybe you'd like me to make a PR?

Comment

Working...
          X