Long term tracking of relationships with Contacts with multiple Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long term tracking of relationships with Contacts with multiple Accounts

Hi - there's an issue with contacts who have more than concurrent account, change jobs or leave a company. Calls, Meetings etc are all related by the contact but pay no attention to which Account is primary / relates to the entity at the time of the event.

E.g. Contact John Doe works for two companies (A + B) which you have a relationship with. He attends a meeting, but under the guise of which account? A while later, looking back at the meetings history for account A shows some of the same meetings as those under account B.

This seems like a problem to me. The cleanest way would be to store the account_id in the join table as another column. This is what I'm going to do for my eventbrite extension though I wanted to make things as clean as possible (less hacks hopefullly) and perhaps make it a generic modification which could work for all contact_ links.

yuri or tanya do you have any suggestions as to whether you think this would be useful to have in core, and if so, how you'd go about implementing this?

Hi there.

Are there no thoughts on this problem? The solution should be fairly simply, store the account alongside the contact in the join table.

Comment

Working...
    X