Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New dashlets

Hi,

Ive been asked to create some dashlets that show some aspects of the data.
    After some searching i failed to find resources about it.
    Is there any kind of documentation about it?

Thanks in advance

Hi
    There you can see few examples application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/dashlets
    In own module (application/Espo/Modules/{MODULE_NAME}/Resources/metadata/dashlets/{DASHLET_NAME}.json or in custom metadata (custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/dashlets/{DASHLET_NAME}.json) create file with your dashlet configuration
    if it's typical list dashlet, use "view":"views/dashlets/abstract/record-list",
    if not, create own view as well (there are a lot of examples).

I hope it will help you

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.
      I got to the firts folder (application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/dashlets) and copied one of the file to the (custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/) were i created a "dashlets folder".
      I made several changes to the file just to check the efect but i got no efect, in the dashboard no new dashlet was displayed.
      Im a bit lost....

Comment

Cleared cache?

Comment

I took an example, OportunitiesByStage.
          There is a file in application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/dashlets. That file as, from what i can tell, the options of the dashlet.
          In client\modules\crm\src\views\dashlets you have another opportunities-by-stage.js that looks like were there are a couple of functions.
          But alot is missing, what other locations have resources for the dashlet?

Thanks in advance

Comment

do you need a chart dashlet?

Comment

Yes the first one i have to create just needs to add a couple of things to that one.

Comment

this view file extends client/modules/crm/src/views/dashlets/abstract/charts.js
                logical part is in application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Services/Opportunity.php (controller - application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Controllers/Opportunity.php)

but I don't recommend you to change files from Module Crm. Create own module or work in custom section (after upgrading you can lose your changes)

Comment

Ok, ill give it a try

Comment

This is what i understout ultil now, please correct:
                    custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/dashlets/{DASHLET_NAME}.json you place the configuration options of the dashlet. That file also as the view. From what i understou this is the most important part since this parameter connects the dashlet to data is going to receive.

Were do you define the views?
                    custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/views/dashlets/{DASHLET_NAME}.json ??
                    What do you place in it? Is this the place were i define the look of the dashlet?

And next, views go to the controllers? Were do you define the custom controlers?

Next i guess os the services were the DB access.

For instance imagine i whant to make an dashlet very similar to Oportunityes by stage but that presents the total oportunities value and then de graph, what files i need to change?

I know i must make alot of basic questions and for that i apologise.

Comment

Working...
                    X