​Multi-Enum or ENUM option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​Multi-Enum or ENUM option

Multi-Enum option allow to select multiple options. (buyer request house, appartment, land). will be evertything ok if I use this options instead ENUM option?

How to hide some fields. example: apartment has rooms, land does not have. By default if land selected, rooms is hidden, so how to set up "hide fields when xx option is selected"

Comment

I don't recommend to switch from enum to multiEnum

Comment

Why, is it ram consuming? I have tried it and it is working super fine.
        also if request is 3, 4 or 5 rooms apartment, you have only 1 row in excel when exporting,(and in mysql I think) and also the requestor gets 1 email notification when condition is met, instead of 3 emails.
        also imput is much more easier...

Comment

It will be slow with search.

Comment

Hi.
            Is it possible that espo not finds right matches if multyEnum is used?
            I have more than 1.000 demo prperties with more (>10)multyenum types on one prop. and match on request shows ALL props. , also those that does not match.
            Or did I do some mistake.
            I will review once again the import data (might be default values that are added... )

Comment

Sure it's possible. It wasn't designed to work with multiEnum and I more than once stated to avoid using multiEnum if you need to search by that field.

Comment

Hi. It is me again. can you tell me exactly why multi-enum is not good option to search by that field? thank you.

Comment

Because values are stored in database in a one field. Search will be very slow.
                  Last edited by yuri; 09-09-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X