Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service 'App' was not found

Hi,

after Update 4.8.4 to 5.0.5 I always get the error "Fehler 500: Service 'App' was not found".
    Even after clearing cache, restarts...
    I tried installation now 3 times from running system 4.8.4, always the same error. Are there any hints?

Hi,
    try to set the permission again.

Comment

Hi tanya,

thanks for the quick response.
      Setting the permissions does not help at all. Even if I set read/write or admin permissions to the whole folder and all sub folders it remains the same error. Any other hints? I could try stepwise update but I only can find the updatefile for 4.8.4 directly to 5.0.5.

Comment

Hi,

I can suggest checking whether the file application/Espo/Services/App.php exists. Check its prermissions and owner.

Comment

Hi Dr. Sebastian,
          we found one crashed file in update. Could you replace the content in file /application/Espo/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Template.json with this https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b.../Template.json
          Rebuild EspoCRM (if you couldn't do it with UI, you can run rebuild.php in terminal)
          Try now. And also check espocrm log (data/logs)

Comment

Hi,

sorry for the delay but I can only test this once per week on our real system while it is not used.
            application/Espo/Services/App.php - does not exist after update.
            Replacing the Template.json also does not help at all.
            I get still the same error and a big log after update! No error with Version 4.8.4 in the logs.
            The log is to big to upload here so I only uploaded the last lines.
            I really hope we find a solution!
            Attached Files

Comment

On my current installation 4.8.4 there also is no:
              "application/Espo/Services/App.php"
              And also no "
              /api/v1/App/user" directory
              Last edited by Guest; 02-22-2018, 07:07 AM.

Comment

This service was add in 5th version.
                Could you try to run upgrade with current (updated) upgrade package? Set before correct permission.
                You can create a test version for this process

Comment

Thank you very much for your fast response!
                  The last Upload for the upgrade package 4.8.4 -> 5.0.5 was from 2018.02.16. So I already used the lastest version as I downloaded it this morning from https://www.espocrm.com/download/upgrades/
                  The result was as I posted. I can't find a newer upload!
                  But I found your upload on sourceforge where the stepwise updatefiles from 4.8.4 -> 5.0.0 and ongoing are still available.
                  I'll give this a try next week as I'm not in my office at the moment. I'll give you a report if it works. By now I believe that some files are missing in the big update-file from 4.8.4->5.0.5. Hope stepwise update will help.

Comment

Hi, now i've tried all your updates files.
                    EspoCRM-upgrade-4.8.4-to-5.0.5 leads to the error described above.

stepwise update doesn't update:
                    EspoCRM-upgrade-4.8.4-to-5.0.0 finishes with no errors listed in the "report" on the update screen but "Error: 500" pops up directly after the update. After clearing cache and refreshing it still tells me I've version 4.8.4 installed?!

Edit: I've also tried those updates with global read/write and admin rights...

Is there any possibility to perform a manual update? I realy want to avoid a new installation. We've spend lots of days fitting the system to our requirements with the internal entity editor...
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-08-2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Could you check apache error log?

Comment

At least we managed to find the failure. It was the PHP max_execution_time 240 was not enough for this update! Wouldn't it make sense to show such timout failures to the user instead of "error:null".

Comment

Working...
                        X