Name conflict: link or field with the same name already exists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name conflict: link or field with the same name already exists

I have created a new entity called Referrers. I was able to link that entity with a One to Many relationship to Accounts, Contacts, and Opportunities. Those relationships are working as intended.

My problem occurs when trying to create a link from Referrers to Leads with a One to Many relationship. When I try to create the link, I get the error message:

When I view the relationship screen for Referrers, I only see the relationship created for Accounts, Contacts, and Opportunities. There is no listing for Leads.

Referrer referrer One-to-Many accounts Account Edit Remove
    Referrer referrer One-to-Many contacts Contact Edit Remove
    Referrer referrer One-to-Many opportunities Opportunity Edit Remove
    If I try to create the relationship link in the other direction by starting with Leads and creating a Many to One relationship link with Referrers, I get the same error message:

When I view the relationship screen for Leads, I see only the default links:

Lead leads Many-to-Many calls Call Edit
    Lead leads Many-to-One campaign Campaign Edit
    Lead parent Parent-to-Children campaignLogRecords CampaignLogRecord Edit
    Lead lead One-to-Many cases Case Edit
    Lead leads Many-to-Many documents Document Edit
    Lead parent Parent-to-Children emails Email Edit
    Lead leads Many-to-Many meetings Meeting Edit
    Lead leads Many-to-Many targetLists Target List Edit
    Lead parent Parent-to-Children tasks Task Edit
    The log file has this entry when I try to create the relationship link:

[2016-12-08 15:05:11] Espo.ERROR: API [POST]:/:controller/action/:action, Params:Array ( [controller] => EntityManager [action] => createLink ) , InputData: {"entity":"Lead","entityForeign":"Referrer","link" :"referrer","linkForeign":"leads","label":"Referre r","labelForeign":"Leads","linkType":"manyToOne"," relationName":"leadReferrer","linkMultipleField":f alse,"linkMultipleFieldForeign":false} - Link [Lead::referrer] already exists. [] []

[2016-12-08 15:05:11] Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Link [Lead::referrer] already exists., Code: 409 URL: /api/v1/EntityManager/action/createLink [] []
    It is possible that earlier in the process of trying to figure out how to add this Referrer's entity that I inadvertently added something somewhere. But I can't find any evidence of a pre-existing link from Leads to Referrers. Where should I look? I've been through the database in PHP MyAdmin and I do see that there is a referrer_id column (the last column added) for the lead table. If I try to delete that, I get errors on the home screen of EspoCRM. After removing that column I had to use the rebuild feature to get the errors to go away. So currently that column is back in place.

Any suggestions of where to look or what files to edit to fix this issue?
    Last edited by jjmicro; 12-08-2016, 03:26 PM.

I found another similar post here: http://forum.espocrm.com/forum/bug-r...custom-entries

This may have something to do with the fact that after I originally created the custom entity Referrer, I later deleted it and re-added it.

Still not sure how to fix this without completing starting over with a fresh installation of EspoCRM.

Comment

Upgrading from 2.7 to 3.4 solved this issue for me. After the upgrade, the invisible relationship was visible and working properly.

Comment

Working...
      X